Nuclear Jihad: AKA, Is That A Dirty Bomb In Your Pocket? Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?
Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build “dirty” bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.
A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a “nuclear 9/11”.
Security briefings suggest that jihadi groups are also close to producing “workable and efficient” biological and chemical weapons that could kill thousands if unleashed in attacks on the West.
Thousands of classified American cables obtained by the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph detail the international struggle to stop the spread of weapons-grade nuclear, chemical and biological material around the globe.
Full article HERE
So, the Wikileaks strike again eh? This is news how exactly though? I mean, the state of nuclear affairs let alone biological has been such that since the break up of the Sov state, we have had a huge problem with missing materials. So, lets break it down shall we?
- AQ’s stated goals have always included nuclear and biological ambitions
- Since the collapse of the USSR nuclear and biological materials have been for sale
- Our own methods of protecting high value targets other than actual U235 have been lackluster
- Our BSL4 labs in some cases included weaknesses that would only require a rock through a window to release toxins
- If you wanted to make a read dirty bomb in downtown Cambridge, you just have to get a bomb close enough to the reactor at MIT
There are more, but do I really need to go on? So, we have been lucky so far that the Jihadists have not been that serious so as to have already gotten the materials and used them. The moral of the story? Keep up with the interdictions. Keep setting up radiological detectors at the ports and the like. Just keep vigilant really. As for the biological materials, I would suggest that we protect them all with due care.