So, the operators on the right have put this together to start the wheels in motion for 2012. Frankly, the Palin interview comes down to this:
1) You’re shitting me right? you DIDN’T ever watch the interview with Couric? C’mon, at least make the lie probable enough to believe
2) Classicism? No, REALLY? What world do you live in? Look at all the hoopla over voting a person of color into the office of the president.. That alone should tip you off that we have not overcome just yet. Oh and by the way Sarah, the backlash against you was that you are a dullard. What has been coming of the Kennedy bid has been she doesn’t have experience of any kind (oooh familiar?) and that she uses the colloquialism of “you know” too much. See, she isn’t a public speaker either and she is certainly not a shoe in for the seat.
3) Politics is war Sarah, so, the more skeletons you have in that closet (troopergate, pregger daughter, indolent and pot smoking son in law to be, mother of son in law to be being popped for drug sales.. etc) the more there is for the media and the political operators to feed upon. You have done some shady shit too and your poop does stink.
4) You are not an intellectual and unless you put some effort into it for your own benefit, you will always be seen as a rube from Alaska who trades on her “naughty librarian” looks.
5) All in all, learn from this. Don’t just put out lame youtube videos with your freak ass friends like Joe the Plumber to underpin the core beliefs of the right wing nutbags. You want to run in the future, you got some schoolin to do… You bet’cha.
As for this, this ulitmately shows just how much out of touch the American people are and can be about their form of government. Just as much, it shows plainly just how the spin machines and the media together drive the beliefs of the populace on the government without any real substance to it.
People on average believe what they read from their chosen sources. More than likely it is only one or maybe two sources that they get their news reporting. So, should they fall into the Fox news category, then they will get the spoon fed right wing nutbag view. If they watch MSNBC, then they will get the left wing nutbag view. The key is to be “well informed” and it seems that the people of this country lack the time or the willingness to really be aware of what is going on.
It was that exactly that was attacked by the Palo-Caine apparatus using the word “intelligentsia” or Northern Intellectuals. See, they are down home hucksters like GW, or at least that is how they wanted to be painted.
“We are just like you Joe the not so much plumber!”
Not the case at all. So, if you are an intellectual, which really, wouldn’t you want a smart person running the country? You might see through all the bullshit and not vote their way. So instead bamboozle them with huckster jargon and naughty librarians. You can see the results and perhaps this is one of the reasons why Obama won?
I think overall why Obama was was this simple truth:
George W. Bush committed crimes against the constitution, lied to us, obfuscated the lies, led us to an un-necessary war in a country that did not need overthrow, and never really cared about the country’s betterment nor its laws.
He was and likely will be, the worst president, even with extenuating circumstances, since Nixon.
And the country just had enough of the abuse. We wanted something else and Palin/McCain and yes I invert them deliberately, just was not anything different from what we already had.
It’s just that.